How to make your own Sea Moss Gel
From its Raw form to Gel, making your own Sea Moss gel has never been so easy to doin the comfort of your own home.
Let us take you through the process so you can create the best Sea Moss gel nature provides.
All you need is 3 ingredients: Sea Moss, freshly squeezed limes and alkaline ﬁltered water.
● Raw Sea Moss, Roughly 40grams for 1L jar
● 1 Lime cut in half
● Filtered water, Roughly 1100ml
Before getting started, let's go through everything you’ll need to prepare your own Sea Moss gel!
● A 1L glass jar
● A blender
● 2 bowls
● A colander
● 1 Lime
● A Limes squeezer
● A scale
● A knife
● An empty 1Litre glass jar
● A chopping board
● A teaspoon for tasting!
Once you have your utensils ready, simply follow these 10 easy steps!
1. Weigh your Sea Moss. For a 1L jar, we use roughly 40grams.
Tip: Pop your Sea Moss straight on the scale and just pick bits oﬀ till it weighs roughly 40gms.
2. Soak Your Sea Moss. Fill a bowl with ﬁltered water and pop the Sea Moss into the bowl to pre-soak it. Let it sit for 5 minutes to soften.
3. Clean Your Sea Moss. With your hands, gently give your Sea Moss a good clean to remove all the existing ocean debris.
4. Transfer your Sea Moss to another bowl with clean ﬁltered water. Chop your lime in half, squeeze both halves and add to the soaked sea moss.
5. Soak Your Sea Moss. Let it soak for 24 hours. After 24 hours of soaking, your Sea Moss will be soft and have a lighter colour.
6. Strain Your Sea Moss. Strain the water and take the lime out.
7. Blend Your Sea Moss. Add the Sea Moss to the blender with roughly 1100ml of ﬁltered water and blend until smooth a consistency is achieved. Add more water for desired consistency.
Tip: Try to aim for a maple syrup-like consistency when pouring into the jar, not full water liquid and not like honey, just in between.
8. Pour Your Sea Moss. Pour the Sea Moss into your jar and leave it in the fridge for 3-4 hours to set to achieve a lovely gel-like consistency. Keep your Sea Moss refrigerated at all times.
9. Your Sea Moss gel is ready! Time to enjoy it. You are now set with a Sea Moss jar full of nature's nutrients ready for the weeks ahead.
10. BONUS STEP! If you think you won’t be having your Sea Moss every day, you can freeze a portion in ice cubes to mix them later in your smoothies. It will last you frozen for up to 3 months.
|1 week||2 weeks||3 weeks||3 - 4 weeks|